Cake Batter Ice Cream
12 sticks of mozzarella string cheese sticks
2 tbsp of flour
5 tbsp of bread crumbs (I use panko breadcrumbs because I love the crunch)
2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
vegetable oil, for frying
Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, deep fry them in the oil until golden brown. Let oil drain on paper towel lined plate.
I just made this recipe and tested one of the cupcakes while they were still warm. I would have to say that it was a tab bit bland. That being said, it didn’t taste vegan, and the texture was quite fluffy and light. However, it was lacking a certain richness or sweetness.Ingredients:
A delicious vegan alternative to the classic BLT.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
- A few slices of tempeh about 1/3 inches thick
- Selected Greens Lettuce/Spinach/Arugula etc.
- A few slices of avocado
- Your selected bread product
- A baking dish big enough for the tempeh
- Mix together the olive oil, soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar and pour part of the mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the tempeh slices in the dish pouring the rest of the marinade over the tempeh strips. Place the marinading tempeh in the refrigerator for at least and hour.
- When the hour (or more) is up take out the tempeh and start it on a flat pan at medium-high heat. Cook each piece for 2-4 minutes on each side.
- While the tempeh it cooking toast your bread so it is crisp. And mash the avocado with some salt and pepper.
- When the tempeh is done assemble your sandwich and enjoy!
The sandwich was delicious. I used spinach, fresh tomato and sourdough bread. The tempeh was both sweet and salty in excellent balance. It was as if the marinade was magic, the tempeh not only tasted like bacon, it tasted BETTER. I personally will be having many less BLTs and more TLTs.
cone cake bites! (tutorial/recipe)
oh my god SAMMY! we’re doing this next time you’re here!
A tasty, and unique, combination of chicken salad and egg salad.
- 1 Hardboiled egg
- About half a cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Fork or Spoon
- Cut up the chicken and egg in fairly small pieces and put in your bowl.
- Put in the mayo and paprika in the bowl (use your own judgement on the amount of paprika).
- Stir briskly until completely and evenly mixed (if you think more mayo is needed add it now).
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper (if you want to add any more seasonings add them now).
- Stir briskly again, taking time to mash the pieces of chicken and egg a bit.
The combination of the chicken and egg is very good. The different textures really makes the dish unique. This would be very good on some salad with maybe spinach or spring greens and some avocado and almonds. Or you could put it in a sandwich, as I did. Any type of bread you want can be used. Personally I used pita bread, and put in some avocado slices and spring greens.
Food Porn.Vanilla ice cream served in a hollow apple and drenched with caramel syrup.
Food porn is right…
A refreshing drink for those hot summer days.
- 6 Lemons (You can use concentrate, but I prefer fresh lemons)
- Frozen Blue Berries (you can substitute any fruit that you would prefer)
- Large Pitcher
- Large spoon
- Put blueberries in the pitcher, make sure the bottom is completely covered.
- Cut the lemons in half and juice all 6, make sure to separate the seeds.
- Pour the lemon juice in the pitcher over the blueberries.
- Fill the pitcher most of the way with water (sparkling water can be used).
- Add sugar to taste.
- Take 2 of the lemon halves, cut them in half again, and put into the pitcher.
- Serve chilled.
The end product is very tangy, at least for me (I didn’t add a ton of sugar), but not enough to make you pucker. It is nice to get some of the blueberries in the glass for added flavor, and a change of texture. The drink has a pleasant dark red/maroon coloring. I can imagine that if you would want to use raspberries or strawberries instead of blueberries that it would be very good as well.